Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm a wiener! (Race Ave)

Opting out of the time trial that Oscar and I were supposed to do Saturday morning, the four of us instead went to Lancaster to do a crit called Race Avenue. For a local race, I was actually impressed with some of the guys that showed up. Not wasting much time, I found myself following a couple wheels and off the front after maybe 15 min of racing. It was sorta exciting when I realized that I was off the front with Chad Gerlach, among 3 others (5 of us total). Four of us worked pretty well together til Gerlack attacked with 2 to go. We looked at each other until I jumped to bridge the gap. We regrouped with about half a lap to go and then I won the sprint, waiting a while before I came around (it was a really long sprint and I think everyone went a bit early). It felt really good to get a win under my belt before heading to Nature Valley this week where I'm in for some killer suffering.

After a good lead out effort by Oscar and Anthony, Thomas took third in the field sprint for 8th in the race. With a Wawa stop on the way home, it was a great day.

No comments: