Monday, September 5, 2011

Da bus

Our bus makes travel so much more bearable. No more cramped, sweaty car rides with. A 3hr transfer in the bus is just like hanging out in a hotel room which we do all day everyday anyway, other than the fact that there's no wifi. There's drinks and food, plenty of room to lay down, stand up, walk around, or stretch. There's also a back section that's not in any of these photos with more long benches like this. Seriously, we have lots of room.

Here's Ty demonstrating standard bus ride form. And yes, that's a TV at the front of the bus (top of the pic) with satellite reception. Got to watch the Vuelta a couple days on our way back from races.


Caffe maker on board!! Thank god. When you don't feel like warming up before a 200km stage eeeven tho you're expected to go full gas from the gun to cover moves, espresso is the next best thing.

Good size fridge stocked with water and soda. This is the first place I head right after the races to take a couple Sprites to the dome!

This bathroom really sucks. I guess maybe it's better than no bathroom at all but its seriously too small. When I sit down to poo the door almost hits my knees, and it's even harder to pee. I think the ceiling was made to fit someone about 5'6" max because when I go in there to pee I find myself having to bend my knees, tilt my head sideways and back a little and thrust my hips forward all in an effort to get my wiener over the toilet bowl so I don't dribble on the floor. It's like I'm doing the limbo and after a few days of racing, achieving that position sets my quads on fire!

The one thing I don't have pictures of is the shower on board. Actually there's two showers, which is so convenient because all 6 or 7 of us can be done with a race and showered within 15 min. There's a little bit of a height issue there too, but not as bad as the bathroom. I only have to duck my head about an inch or two in the shower.

No comments: