Saturday, July 12, 2008

How dat boy pedal so fast?

Fitchburg wasn't all piss and games; after Oscar finished 14th in both the time trial and the road race's mountaintop finish, the boys dominated the last two sprinters' races, Thomas winning both of those. Winning 2 stages out of 4 is really quite impressive, and the dedication, determination, and skill with which Jafer and Oscar rode to get Thomas the wins was pretty amazing in itself.

I, on the other hand, went out to put in a couple good days of training by myself. Saturday, as the other three competed in the circuit race, I went out and did some repeats of this 20 min climb nearby, and then rode to the race in time to see the closing laps of the cat 2 race and our victory. Sunday, I arrived at the crit course just a minute or two after the finish of our race, so I just missed our second win. They did real good.

No comments: