Saturday, July 12, 2008

I'm back!!!


(Sorry for the long absence! I had a little problem at Fitchburg and didn't feel like writing, and then I was doing some hectic traveling so didn't get a chance to post, but I'll try to get everyone updated pretty soon.)

(This is something I actually posted after the Brownstown race but before Fitchburg, but I took it down to avoid Oscar the embarrassment....but sorry Oscar, I wanted to put it back up):


Shoulda been a BMXer

Our easy ride turned a bit hazardous today as Oscar and Thomas hit a sweet jump off this grass hill next to a barn on the side of the road. Sprinting off the side of the road and up over the top of this hill, Thomas was the first one to catch big air, and Oscar followed. Mike, Jackie, and I stayed safe and sound on the road to watch the two bozos in action. Right after Thomas rolled away from the jump clean, Oscar vaulted over the jump right behind him and looked to land clean himself....but not for long. The backside of the tabletop hill was really steep and Oscar landed half on it. Immediately after the landing there was a gravel driveway, and doing practically a nose-wheelie, Oscar plowed right into it and washed out, going down hard on his side. Unluckily for him the owners had decided to fill their driveway not only with gravel, but with broken bits of clam shell as well. They sliced into his skin real nice. That's his hand.

No comments: