Monday, June 9, 2008

Butt-day


I call it that because I never really got off my butt all day. I didn't even step foot outside until around 5 pm. I enjoyed a rest day sitting inside, shirtless, in front of a fan and the TV, munching away at whatever I could find in the kitchen. My legs were feelin a little tired after the hard effort yesterday, and unless the rain holds off and we get a chance to race at the track, tomorrow will be much the same. I didn't, however, remain a completely braindead, motionless blob for the entire day; after a while when I started feeling really useless I actually got up and cleaned the kitchen and was then eventually persuaded to go ride on the track.


Tonight there was open track at the Lehigh Valley Velodrome so we got down there around 7:30 pm to roll around for a little while and get Jafer some track experience. It was only his second time ever on a velodrome, but he road fine. Riding this track feels so nice and smooth compared to Dick Lane, but the shallower banking makes the corners feel a little different.


Heading home we stopped at a gas station and Oscar and Thomas each came out with a "Big Gulp" (64 oz) filled with gatorade. After a challenge from Thomas, Oscar proceeded to drink two "Big Gulps" (he refilled it), and start in on his third, in less than 30 min. Thomas trailed behind finishing a measly one "Big Gulp" in about the next hour and a half.

No comments: