Monday, June 23, 2008

A ride on a Monday???


Today was the first Monday in probably my entire life that I did a real training ride. Monday's have historically been a day to rest and recover from the weekend, with just an easy hour ride at most. Well today I broke tradition and rode 4 hours with Oscar and Jackie. While I usually wouldn't have wanted such a long ride after a weekend of racing, these next couple days are the only ones I am going to have before I need to start cutting back my volume of training to get ready for Fitchburg.

This week is one of my last in this house. Either Friday or Saturday we are heading up into the New England area to race a few crits up there. Then, Fitchburg starts on next Thursday, so since we'll be in the area, I think the plan is or just get a hotel up there until the race starts. Fitchburg is a stage race that goes from Thursday to Sunday. Then, the day that ends (July 6th) I fly out of Boston to come home and drive to Pfeiffer for orientation. Aaaaaand then I get to go see Jordan at camp Celo! After a couple days there I fly into Chicago on Friday for the start of a race series called Superweek, our last set of races to tune up before nationals. Finally, after Superweek, we'll be back at the house for a couple days before coming home and flying out to California....

No comments: