Thursday, May 21, 2009

Had a good stay with Jordan and (Aunt) Molly

With a packed work schedule all summer, my girlfriend Jordan snagged a plan ticket to Denver as soon as she found out she had 4 straight days off from work. She has an aunt, Molly, living there with whom she stayed. I was lucky enough to have that crit in Boulder the day after she arrived, so after the race, Thomas, his bro Nico, and bro's wife Lily (Thomas and I have been staying with them in Edwards, CO for a couple weeks) returned home, leaving me with Jordan and Molly. I stayed at Molly's house in Denver from Sunday til Wednesday. With my fork broken from the crash and a scheduled recovery week anyway, I had Monday and Tuesday off from riding which gave Jordan and I plenty of time to "bop" (as she would say) around some little, cool parts of town with stores and coffee shops. Molly also got the Universal Sports channel which was a huge plus cause I got to wake up every morning and watch the Giro with breakfast :)

It was a good relaxing time, and fun to check out a new city. The only thing that could have been better was the fact that since I had just crashed, every time Jordan tried to snuggle up to me....or touch me at all, for that matter, I was flinching because of my newly acquired road rash....probably pretty funny to watch tho.

I also felt pretty bad for Molly's dog, his name is also "Joey." I guess you can see how that would get confusing. Everytime Jordan would raise her voice at me and say my name for doing something silly, the dog's ears would perk up and I was afraid he was getting the wrong impression that he was being scolded for something. Poor, confused doggy. I didn't have such a hard time getting mixed up with the name calling because, thankfully, the girls usually addressed the dog with a bit of a different tone in thier voice than they did me. The only time that became a problem was when Jordan would address me with a baby-ish tone in her voice from across the room; then I would just assume that she was talking to the dog so I would ignore her. On accident of course :)

1 comment:

Jordan said...

you are so silly :) I had such a great time.